Thursday, 12 April 2012

Primer, Blusher and my newest discovery


Apologies for being a neglectful blogger. I’ve returned home for the Easter holidays and have also returned to my full time job – uni seems like a breeze compared to this!
Thought I would drop a quick note about my newest purchase, and the face saver of the year. I FINALLY bit the bullet and purchased some Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. I decided to go for the Blend version as I do get very strong patches of discolouration on my face. This primer is oil free which is perfect and makes my skin feel softer than I ever imagined possible. The bottle has a pump lid which I always give top marks as I find one pump is a perfect amount to do my entire face. The peachy tone of the primer does help enormously to even out my skintone and the product provides a wonderful, smooth surface to blend my makeup into. I also find that I do not need to use as much foundation with this primer on as I need far less coverage to blend away my coloured patches. I purchased the 30ml tube for approximately £20 online and would gladly spend it again. I cannot imagine ever returning to putting my foundation onto bare skin.
My second recent purchase which I have been pining for is my Bobbi Brown pot rouge. When I recently purchased my Bobbi Brown foundation the makeup artist put this on my cheeks afterwards and I instantly fell in love. I purchased the no. 11 colour, Pale Pink. In the pot it looks quite a striking pink which made me quite nervous – I’m not one for pink on my face – but the product blends really well and leaves a light, natural stain on my cheeks. I am also a huge fan of the packaging on the product. It comes in the staple Bobbi Brown black pot and has a good mirror inside. It is also an ideal size for popping in my bag for top ups on a night out. Even better, it is not only a cheek stain but a lip colour too so a perfect duo for your handbag. I purchased the product for approximately £18 which is a little more than I would usually spend on a blusher as I tend to change quite often but I was getting desperate for a light, fresh summer colour and this fit the bill. The colour also doesn’t fade throughout the day which is something of a miracle on my oily skin.
Overall two must-haves for my makeup bag that I cannot ever imagine being without.

A final ‘one more thing’! I have recently re-discovered an old Nikon film camera that belongs to my family. I am having a lot of fun playing with the settings (that I in no way understand) and getting my retro-style prints developed. I usually purchase disposable cameras but this can get quite expensive so if you can track down a functioning film camera in a charity shop or junk shop I would say definitely get it. However, check the film it takes as some film sizes are incredibly difficult to locate and are also quite expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment